Switzerland tax refund

Tax Services for Switzerland

Swiss tax system is quite complex. There are federal and cantonal taxes. The federal income tax is progressive, but reaches a maximum od 11.5 % of total revenue and is calculated for the whole family.
It is important to know what type of settlement permit (L, B, C, Ci, G) foreigners working in Switzerland have, to calculate their income tax. Surface withholding tax is used for each type of residence permit, except for the settlement permit type C.

Which taxes can be refunded?

Dendax can help you to get back your overpaid taxes only in case you have the residence permit type C, that is issued after 10 years of residence.

What documents do I need for a tax refund?

Main document is "Lohnausweis".

What is "Lohnausweis"?

"Lohnausweis" is a summary of earnings and taxes paid by employee for a tax year. It is provided by the employer.

What am I supposed to do when I do not have "Lohnausweis"?

It is necessary to ask your employer for a new document. Dendax can do it for you. Original "Lohnausweis" is not necessary to apply for a tax refund if the employer provides data about its employees to the tax office electronically.

How many years back can I apply for a tax refund?

You can apply for a tax refund for up to 3 years back. You can apply for 2013 tax refund until the end of 2016.

How long does it take to get my tax refund?

It takes 6 months, on average. This is counted from the moment your documents are sent to the tax authorities. The final term depends on their processing time.

What is the service fee?

The price of the tax return in Switzerland is between 600-1000CHF.
VAT and bank charges are not included.