Spain tax refund

Tax Services for Spain

All employees working and paying income tax in Spain are entitled to get any overpaid taxes back.

What documents do I need for a tax return?

The main document you will need is "Certificado de retenciones".

What is "Certificado de retenciones"?

"Certificado de retenciones" is the annual statement which you obtain from your employer at the end of the tax year or during the year when leaving the job. It shows the total amount of money earned and the amount paid by the employer to the tax office as an advance tax, as well as social and health insurance. Make sure you receive "Certificado de retenciones" form from your employer when leaving the job. Also do not forget to check if there is a stamp and your employer's signature on your "Certificado de retenciones".

What am I supposed to do when I do not have "Certificado de retenciones"?

If you did not obtain the form, you can ask for it individually, or contact us.

How many years back can I apply for a tax refund?

You can ask for a tax refund for up to 4 years back.

How long does it take to get my tax refund?

It takes 6 months on average. This is counted from the moment your documents are sent and received by the tax authorities. The actual time may vary on case by case basis.

What is the service fee?

The price is 10% from the refunded amount. There is a minimum fee of 89 EUR.
VAT and bank charges are not included.