This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. By using the Dendax website you are consenting to our use of cookies in accordance with our Policy.

Netherlands - Child benefit

The Netherlands - Child benefits

Our clients can also apply with us for child benefits from the Netherlands. In case that clients have applied on their own we can provide them consultation.

The Netherlands has three types of child benefits:
  • The Kinderbijslag, that depends only on the number of your children and their age
  • The Kindgebonden Budget, depending on the annual income
  • The Kinderopvangtoeslag, a refund for your extra expenditures like childcare centre (kindercentrum) or babysitters (gastouder)

Who can get Kinderbijslag?
Citizens of the European Union, citizens of countries from European Economic Area (EEA) and from Switzerland that pay Dutch social insurance (AKW) and have a child (or children) younger than 17. Also in case that a person received child benefit in their home country and the Dutch benefits would be higher, it is possible to get the difference paid from the Netherlands. To apply you need to have Burgerservicenummer of the child. If you do not have it, you can get it additionally. Kinderbijlag is paid off quarterly.

Who can get Kindgeboden Budget?
Only people entitled to Kinderbijslag can receive Kindgeboden Budget. The amount of Kindgeboden Budget depends on parents' total annual income: € 143,415 for 2018. Kindgeboden Budget is paid monthly.  

Who can get Kinderopvangtoeslag?
If you are paying for a childcare service or a babysitter, the government provides you a refund for these costs up to 7.5 euros per hour, with a ceiling of 230 euro per month per child.

How long does it take to get child benefits?
It takes from six to nine months on average.

What documents do I need?
For applying for Kinderbijslag:
  • Copy of birth certificate of all children younger than 17
  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • Copy of the Jaaropgaaf/Jaaropgave form

  • For applying for Kindgebonden Budget:
  • Decision from SVB that you are entitled to Kinderbijslag

    For applying for Kinderopvangtoeslag:
  • Invoice and contract of your childcare expenditures

  • How much money can I get?
  • Kinderbijslag (quarterly):

  • The age of the child 0-5 years 6-11 years12-17 years
    Maximal amount for one child

    201.05 €

    244. 13 €

    287.21 €

  • Kindgebonden Budget (per year):

  • Number of children 1 child 2 children3 children
    Maximal amount per year

    1142 €

    2040 €

    2325 €

    What is the maximum age of child?
    The maximum age is 17.

    How many years back can I apply for child benefits?
    You can apply only 1 year back and until 15th September. 

    What is our fee?
    The fee for this service is 119 EUR
    Fee doesn't include VAT.