Austria Tax Refund

Income tax Refund from Austria

If you have worked in Austria in the last 5 years, Dendax can help you to refund the income tax paid there. The extent to which individuals are taxable depends on the relationship they have with Austria. Under the Austrian Income Tax Act each individual is taxable on his/her own income. There is no joint taxation of married couples or households.

What documents do I need for a tax refund?

In order to get your income tax refund as quickly as possible and to apply for the highest amount you need to have:
  • Copy of your Lohnzettel form from each of your employers;
  • Certified Bescheinigung EU/EWR (E9 form).

What is a Lohnzettel form?

Lohnzettel form is an annual statement summary which you receive from your employer at the end of the tax year. It shows the total amount you earned during your employment and the amount of tax your employer paid to the tax office from your earnings.

How many years back can I apply for a tax refund?

You can go as far back as 5 years from the year in which you apply.

How long does it take to get a tax refund?

On average it takes 5 to 7 months from the time your documents are sent to the Tax Authorities, depending on the time they take to process the claim.

How much is the service fee?

The price is 14% from the refunded amount. There is a minimum fee of 49 EUR.
The Price does not include VAT or bank charges!